Quinoa Veggie Protein Power Bowl
Have you heard of Protein Power Bowls?
They are all the rage now-a-days, and for good reason, because they are awesome!
They are awesome because they are really just a fancy term for a salad topped with all kinds of delicious, nutritious foods. And the best part is you can make them exactly how you want them, with all of your favorite things. That’s what I do, I normally add some leftovers and some staples together on a bed of greens and Voila! 👉 a Delicious, healthy meal!
So for this Protein Power bowl, I combined some left over Quinoa (I normally make extra so I can use it for lunch or to make granola bars) and whatever leftover veggies I have in my fridge (also make extra potatoes and roasted cauliflower to use in lunches also…not gonna make granola bars out of these, though 😉) + avocado + hummus + carrot + boiled egg + cabbage, all on a bed of spinach. Yum!
Here is the full recipe, but I have a disclaimer, all of these measurements are a guesstimations, use this as a guide, but mostly go with your gut! (No pun intended! 😂)
- 1-2 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup cooked Quinoa
- 1/4 cup roasted sweet potatoes cubes
- 1/4 cup roasted cauliflower,
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1 egg, boiled
- 1/4 cup cabbage or cabbage salad mix
- 2 Tbsp shredded carrots
- 1 quarter lime
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil (optional for dressing)
- 1 tsp Himalayan Sea Salt (optional for seasoning)
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Dash of Sriracha Sauce (optional)
- Layer spinach at the bottom of the bowl and Combine the rest of the ingredients on top of spinach